Ways to Deal with Aggressive Dementia Behavior
Taking care of a loved one with dementia is no joke. Anger and aggressive behaviors occur in dementia patients due to changes in the brain. Even if the loved one you once knew to be an easygoing and happy person may show different behaviors or react to things more aggressively than before.
As family members, you also need to really stretch your patience and be more understanding towards them. It is not their choice in the first place to be diagnosed with this kind of condition. If you think you are not capable enough to care for them, you can always hire some skilled caregivers in Canoga Park, California, to help you and your family.
Their reactions and aggressive behaviors are often triggered by something significant such as pain or environmental factors. You need to learn the reason behind their behavior first so you can know how to deal with their aggressive dementia behavior. But how? Listed below are some ways.
- Be intentional about your tone and body language when interacting with them
- Prevent sundowning symptoms and seek assistance from home care services providers
- Adjust your expectations and use therapies or medications to manage their symptoms
- Have a good understanding of their likes and dislikes so you can easily determine their triggers
- Monitor their physical healthy by looking for nonverbal signs of health complications and discomfort
When it comes to reliable and quality care, Hand Homecare Provider, Inc. is the one you can trust. We are committed and dedicated to providing care that you can count on in the comfort of your own home.